Is it time to consider euthanasia?
- Making the decision to put a pet to sleep is tough, but when the time comes it can be useful to prepare yourself for what the process involves.
- You can be present for the procedure if you prefer.
- A fur clipping is removed from the front and sometimes back legs, and a sedative can be given if the pet is nervous or stressed.
- They are then given an anaesthetic agent, which helps them drift into unconsciousness and stops their heart.
- Some pets may take a deep breath after the euthanasia, which is a bodily reflex.
- Speak to the practice for further information.