Hit by a car
What to do if your pet has been hit by a car
- Check the area for any danger, and move your pet if the road is clear to go.
- Consider using your boot parcel shelf as a stretcher, but be careful not to move any limbs or the spine in case of fractures.
- Position your pet so that they are lying on their stomach, as this can help with breathing.
- Apply pressure to any wounds and consider applying pressure bandages using. available materials like scarves.
- Contact the practice to inform them that you are on your way.
- Visit the Blue Cross website for further information and first aid tips.