Vomiting and diarrhoea
What should I do if my pet is vomiting or has diarrhoea?
- Contact the practice for advice, as the causes can vary.
- Feed a bland diet, little and often.
- Supportive diets and probiotic supplements are also beneficial in aiding recovery, and can be purchased from the practice.
- Allow access to water but avoid letting your pet drink a full bowl, as this can cause more vomiting.
- Collect a faecal sample if told to do so – wear gloves and put the sample in a clean plastic box.
- Keep track of the consistency and quantity of diarrhoea and vomit, and check if there is blood present in faeces.
- Get in touch with the practice if your pet’s condition isn’t improved by a bland diet.